COMPANY: Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Bureau
POSITION TITLE: Member Specialist
POSITION EMPLOYMENT: Part-Time
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Executive Director
The Member Specialist is responsible for the management and coordination of all prospective and current member engagement for the Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center (SBCOC). This position is vital to overall membership engagement and interaction throughout the year. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting all event and marketing efforts. The person in this role must utilize skills including team-based interaction, project management, goal setting, and self-motivation.
Prefer at least 1 year of experience in a people-facing position, preferably in a sales or client-engagement role. Evidence of successful client engagement and retention required. Residency in San Diego County required, preferably in the Solana Beach area.
Currently pursuing or graduated from a higher-education institution is preferred, however experience may substitute. Digital marketing experience a plus.
• Schedule appointments and attend personal visits with both prospective and active members.
• Cultivate relationships with local businesses that will support the growth of overall membership and the retention of current members.
• Serve on and coordinate with the Member Ambassador committee.
• Assist with processing new member and renewing member applications.
• Assist Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership through the awareness of programs and membership benefits.
• Assist with the Visitor Center/Chamber office when necessary.
• Ensure member materials in office are up to date.
• Maintain updated membership materials and packets.
• Execute member-focused promotions, such as the “Member of the Week”.
• Follow and engage with members on social media.
• Assist with events such as ribbon cuttings, networking events, and the Fiesta Del Sol music festival.
The schedule for this position is flexible but must meet the needs of the business. Most of the position is outside the office visiting members, so reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license is required. Must have availability to attend member meetings or events on occasional evenings and weekends and help cover the office for other staff when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated personal skills that establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Must show dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the Chamber and its members. Ability to use technology such as social media platforms, and other computer software, and must have the ability to work without direct supervision.
This position is 20 hours per week, starting at $20 per hour.
If not applying through a job board, submit a cover letter and resume to:
Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce
210 West Plaza Street
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Alternatively, email to: Director@ChamberSB.Com
Learn more about us at: www.SolanaBeachChamber.Com