The Events and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of all events for the Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Bureau (SBCOC). Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of all marketing efforts. This position must utilize skills including team-based interaction, project management, goal setting, and self-motivation.
• Planning, implementation, and follow-up for all Chamber events.
• Develop and maintain event and marketing databases.
• Manage any vendors or contractors in relation to events or marketing functions.
• Responsible for silent auction, prize, and in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
• Assist in-person visitors, calls, and emails while in the Chamber office.
• Execute basic updates to Chamber & other managed websites.
• Assist with member support in relation to marketing and events.
• Maintain and broaden social networking platforms to benefit the organization and its members.
• Assist with other tasks as necessary.
Prefer at least 2 years of experience in event and marketing positions. Evidence of successful event and marketing work required. Residency in San Diego County required.
Graduation from a 4-year college or university desirable, however experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, may substitute. Event execution and digital marketing experience required. Communication and public relations experience a plus.
Must be able to work in the Chamber office at minimum on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Availability to attend events after hours and on weekends, and help cover for other staff when needed, is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in social media platforms, and other computer software, including but not limited to; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point). Understanding of InDesign and basic website maintenance preferred. Must have the ability and inclination to learn other software programs as needed. Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment and the ability to hold a valid California Driver License and possess a car that can be used for work purposes required.
If not applying through a job board, submit a cover letter and resume to:
Solana Beach Chamber of Commerce
210 West Plaza Street
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Alternatively, email to: Director@ChamberSB.Com
Learn more about us at: www.SolanaBeachChamber.Com